What is it and who is it for? Melacare Cream is one of the most popular depigmentation creams available in India. Manufactured by Ajanta Pharma Ltd. and is being exploited by many as a fairness cream. It is made for people suffering from bad skin conditions like hyperpigmentation, Melasma, acne etc
Rs.170 for 20g.
How to Use:
- Wash your face with a mild face-wash
- Apply a pea size cream in the form of a thin layer on the affected area before bedtime and keep it overnight.
- Avoid contact with the nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Do not use it on the skin having sunburn, irritation, or dryness.
- Avoid exposure to the sun. Use good sunscreen with SPF 15 or more.
- Do not use it for more than 2 months. You will start noticing the results within 4 weeks.
My Experience with Melacare Cream
My skin is full of acne marks, oily, and sensitive. Still, I tried Melacare for about 4 days. The result was not good. It started over-drying my face. So I quickly stopped using it.
After about 6 months, I again gave it a try. Within a week, I noticed the lightening of my skin color and the marks to fade a little bit. But in the next few days, some white patches covered my cheeks and forehead. So I stopped using it again.
Soon after that, I realized that my skin color started to darken. I was really disappointed.
But thanks to my Mom and her homemade face packs which helped me regain my natural skin color. Keeping my face moisturized and eating carrots on a regular basis also helped a lot as carrots can help rebuild melanin.
- Suitable for normal skin
- Reduces hyperpigmentation to an extent
- Requires less time than other depigmentation creams
- It’s expensive.
- It can be a bit drying hence it is advised to follow it up with fresh apple sparkling pore cream or any other light water or gel-based lotion.
- It’s not easily available in India.
Overall Would I repurchase and recommend?
No. It is a depigmentation cream for normal skinned girls. Though I have seen a marked improvement in the skin color of those who are using this product, it didn’t work for me. So I will not recommend it unless you consult your physician.
More brightening creams?