Gillette Satin Care Shave Gel Review: Hello Girls,Today I am reviewing my regular use product i.e. Satin Care Shave Gel from Gillette. I have a laser treated skin so I don’t have another hair removal option other than shaving. We always need a lubricant to shave off the body hair; I hate dry shaving because my skin is too dry for it. So I tried this gel and loved it. Moving to the review.
Rs. 225 for 195g.
How to use:
Your hair-removal process starts with a nice shower or a bath (at least a couple of minutes long). This will help soften the hairs for a more comfortable and closer shave.
Next, when you are still in the bath or shower, make sure to use a shaving gel for women. These are great for shaving sensitive skin, it helps keep water in the hair and makes sure that the razor glides easily over your skin, protecting you from potential nicks and cuts and preventing shaving rash and razor bumps.
Once you have applied the shave gel, you can start using the razor. Remember to use a light touch with long strokes. The direction you shave will depend on the body part you are shaving.
• For smooth legs, shave from the ankles up.
• For your underarms, shave in all directions—up, down and sideways.
After each shave, simply rinse and air-dry your razor to help it last longer.
End your hair-removal process by patting your skin dry and applying your favorite moisturizer to help keep your skin hydrated, healthy and smooth.
Benefits of Shave Gel:
- Shaving Gels shield our intricate skin. They create a layer between the blade and the skin, allowing razors to glide with ease and protecting from nicks, cuts and razor burn.
- It is important to soften skin and hair before we shave. Soap cleanses skin, removing dirt and essential oils, leaving skin dry and vulnerable. Water softens skin but evaporates too quickly to be effective. Shave gels reduce water evaporation from the skin and keep hair hydrated, ensuring a comfortable shave.
- If we shave with soap and water, it’s hard to keep track of where our razor has passed. Shave gel makes it easy to see where the blades have already shaved, so we can stop shaving the same spot over and over again which can irritate the skin.
- The gel helps protect the skin against moisture loss while shaving. Soap and water can dry out your skin.
My experience with Gillette Satin Care Shave Gel
Gillette Satin Care Sensitive skin shave gel with aloe vera is an amazing product. It leaves my skin smooth and soft after-shave. The fragrance of the product it leaves on the skin is breathtaking. It has a mild floral aroma.
The gel when pumped on to the wet skin spreads really well and creates a foamed layer making it easy to glide the razor and give a close shave. It does not irritate my skin or give any rashes. It also does not leave behind any kind of residue. It does leave my skin soft but needs nourishment after-shave. A little product goes a long way.
It comes in a metal bottle with a spray pump on it. It is very easy to use, not messy and has sturdy packing. The bottle is approximately 8 inches tall, which is big for traveling. Not a problem to me because I don’t like shaving while traveling.
- Thick foam layer
- Leaves skin soft
- Protects from cuts
- No skin irritation
- No residue
- Smells great
- Rusting of the metal bottle (As its kept in the bathroom and gets in contact with water regularly)
- Not travel-friendly
Would I repurchase?
I will 100% repurchase it and also recommend it to people who shave often. A really nice lubricant to shave with.