A make up kit stands incomplete without a Foundation. In fact a good foundation covers around 50-60 % of a complete make up kit. From college going to everyday office rush, from light party makeup to a bridal trousseau, a foundation is an all season–all occasion magic potion for the ladies across the globe!! This winter with the wedding season around the corner I shall be reviewing the Maybelline New York Dream Satin skin Air Whipped liquid foundation with SPF 24, shade B5.
What is it and who is it for?
A liquid air whipped foundation.
I got it from a Maybelline outlet at Rs 583/- for 30 ML.
What does the Brand Claim about Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Foundation?
Maybelline New York Dream Satin skin Air Whipped is a light weight foundation and it claims to be a unique air soft formula which is said to provide a pore-less and a satin smooth skin. Also the liquid foundation claims to provide a long lasting stay with a moisturized look and an extraordinary coverage without clogging the skin pores.
The product is available easily across Maybelline outlets and online portals in eight different shades.
How to Use:
I have a normal to oily skin and a wheatish clear complexion. Now before applying the foundation, I used a light gel based hydrating moisturizer to give a good platform to the foundation to blend. You can also use any good non greasy moisturizer before applying the foundation since it is a must in winters atleast (Especially for Delhi winters and similar conditions). Take a small portion of the foundation and dab it across your face. You can increase or decrease the amount depending on the occasion or the look you want to take up. Also it can be applied directly or can be mixed up with any other light foundation as per your choice. In the picture above I have applied the foundation directly.
My Experience with Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Foundation
The Maybelline Dream Satin liquid foundation gives a fully fledged coverage to the skin and gives a thin and appropriate coating all over. It has an awesome blending property. When applied on the moisturized skin gives a flawless, radiant and an even finish. The plus point of the foundation is that it gives a subtle dewy finish to the skin (for more dewy- glossy finish you can add or mix highlighters).
It seals the freshness of the skin like a thin film. As per its claims, it does stands strong on most of its claims. Though the coverage is medium but gives a near perfect finish. It can easily stay upto 5 hours with the same finish, though you may require some touch up later. Also I have a sensitive skin and the product showed no signs of a red alert for me, so it’s a green signal from my side. But overall the product is a good pick for all season all occasion.
Positives of the Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Foundation
- The packaging is good, doesn’t allow wastage or leakage of product, also the plastic cap on the nozzle keeps it intact and clean. The nozzle can be cleaned with a cloth, tissue or cotton.
- The product packaging is also very handy, easy to carry.
- It is a light weight, easy to blend liquid foundation, which has a velvet soft texture and does not dry up too fast. The smell is pleasant too!
- Gives a soft looking and an even tone to the skin with a pore less look as claimed by the product.
- Mild on normal to oily and sensitive skin.
- Doesn’t look heavily layered on the skin.
- The foundation gives a subtle dewy finish to the skin and doesn’t appear cakey or develop cracks(only if the skin is moisturized properly)
- Can be applied by dabbing with fingers, a blending sponge or a foundation brush.
Negatives of the Maybelline Dream Satin Skin Foundation
- Not recommended for occasions with stay beyond 5-6 hours, also the coverage is medium.
- The product description label doesn’t contain much information.
- It is pricey for a regular foundation.
Overall Would I repurchase and recommend?
Yes definitely I would repurchase the product as the 30 ML pack will last for a couple of months if used regularly. Although the price is on the higher side but with the finish and performance of the product I am quite happy with the investment. I would recommend it for all those with my type of a skin and complexion.