Who is it for? Nivea Clay Fresh Shower Gel Hibiscus & Grapefruit is a kaolin clay-based body cleanser for all skin types.
Price- Rs.225 for 250ml
Sensitive Skin Alert?
My Experience with Nivea Clay Fresh Shower Gel Hibiscus & Grapefruit
This body wash comes in Nivea’s standard shower gel packaging; a pastel blue plastic squeeze bottle with flip-top cap. The front side has a pastel red color label graphics showing the variant. It’s a leak-proof and sturdy packaging.
Colour & Texture
It is a creamy looking body wash without any scrub particles. It has a pale pastel red color as shown in the label graphics on the bottle front. It produces moderate to high creamy lather and takes slightly more water to get rid of the skin.
It has a unique herbal fragrance. The fragrance is not sweet; it is more of a grassy sort with hints of floral. The fragrance is not strong at all and stays until you wash off the wash from the skin. I always look for good fragrance in body washes; sadly this could not fulfill this criterion.
Ease of Application
The application process is very simple. You need to squeeze some wash to your palm or loofa and then rub the wet skin. Finally, wash off with water.
This is a basic purifying body wash. It cleanses the skin without causing dryness. It gets rid of excess oil, sweaty odor and gives a fresh feel. I have another variant of this clay range body washes from Nivea and performance wise both are exactly same.
In summer we need to cleanse our body thoroughly to prevent heat rashes, foul odor, and fungal infections. For this purpose, it is a good wash. But, most body washes these days are capable of doing deep cleansing. So, this is not something you need in your life. This one has sulfates and it only contains fragrances of herbal ingredients hibiscus and grapefruit; not extracts!
Overall Performance of Nivea Clay Fresh Shower Gel Hibiscus & Grapefruit
- Deep cleaning wash for all skin types
- Gets rid of sweat, odor, excess oil and other superficial impurities
- Does not cause dryness to the skin
- Gives a fresh feel
- No parabens
- Contains sulfates
- Contains only hibiscus and grapefruit scent not herbal extracts
- The fragrance is not that good and has poor staying power
- No skin softening actions as promised
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
I would not be purchasing this again and would suggest Nivea’s regular range body washes over this.
Product Purchased by GlossyPolish
More by Nivea?
- Nivea Clay Fresh Shower Gel Ginger & Basil Review
- Nivea Shower Cream Crème Smooth Review
- Nivea Shower Gel : Waterlily and Oil | Cashmere Moments
- Nivea Creme Care Cream Shower Review
- Nivea Frangipani & Oil Shower Gel Review
- Nivea Fresh Powerfruit Shower Gel Review
- Nivea Bath Care Lemon and Oil Shower Gel Review
- Nivea Care Shower Crème Soft Body Wash Review