Are you bored of your hair color? Seeing the same old hair every day in the mirror, looks a bit dull? Want to experiment something new? So people what are you waiting for? Color it! Coloring your hair not only add colors to your hair but also makes you look more elegant. But what color is suitable to use? Is it good or bad for your hair? Is it trustable? Recently I tried out this product Garnier Color Naturals Burgundy 3.16 and I would like to share my review on this Garnier hair color and also I will tell you about the usage procedure, precautions and the pros & cons of the product.
The pack Contains
50ml developer milk, 50g Hair Colorant-TYPE III, Hair Conditioner 2*5ml, Instruction Leaflet, and Gloves
How to use-
- Read carefully the instructions leaflet before application. One must always do a skin allergy test(a process discussed below) without fail 48 hours before each use of this product.
- Put gloves on. To color entire hair, first, open developer bottle and pour the whole milk into a non-metallic bowl, then empty the whole tube of the hair colorant into the bowl. Mix very well. To color, only some portion of the hair, use half the bottle of developer and half the tube of colorant. Note: mix equal amount of developer milk and hair colorant into the bowl.
- Put on an old t-shirt. Carefully apply the mixture on the portions of your hair which you want to color using a hair coloring nonmetallic brush or by hand(with gloves on). Try to avoid contact with your skin.
- When you are done with the coloring, tie up your hair with a nonmetallic hair more clutch or cover it with plastic or old towel. Leave on for at least 30 mins. For better results, leave it on for 3-4 hours.
- Then rinse your hair thoroughly with water. Then apply the conditioner given with the pack. Keep it for 2 mins, then wash it off.
- This product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation in certain cases and so a preliminary test according to the accompanying directions should first be made. This product should not be used for dyeing the eyelashes or eyebrows; as such use may cause blindness.
- This preparation may cause serious inflammation of the skin in some cases and so a preliminary test should always be carried out to determine whether or not special sensitivity exists. To perform the test, remove the earrings. Behind the ear and using a cotton bud apply a small quantity of the hair dye as prepared for use to cover 2 sq. cm. Allow drying. Carefully reseal the colorant tube and developer bottle. Leave for 24 hours without washing, covering or touching. If during this period you notice any abnormal reactions- such as itching, redness or swelling in or around the test area, do not apply the product. This test should, however, be carried out before each and every application.
- Ignoring an allergy can be life-threatening. In case of any reaction or when in doubt consult a doctor before using any hair color product.
- Do not color your hair if you have a rash on your face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp or you have ever experienced any reaction after coloring your hair or you have experienced a reaction to a temporary ‘black henna’ tattoo in the past.
- A person under the age of 16 is advised not to use the product.
My experience after using the Garnier Color Naturals Burgundy 3.16
I really like my hair color. It feels so natural. My friends are complimenting me every time they have a look at my hair. This was my first time trying out hair color. Yes, I was nervous thinking about how my hair will turn out to be. But the results are worth trying out this product. Especially the shade ‘burgundy’! The color is so pretty and mesmerizing! The color is best visible in sunlight. Bleaching your hair before coloring will obviously make your hair color completely visible but if you want to directly apply it on your black or dark brown or brown hair, it’s not a bad idea because it looks natural and beautiful as well. I have used it on my dark brown hair and my hair really radiates a soothing color when I go out. Though I haven’t colored my entire hair, you can see it in the pictures that I have given, still, it looks quite good for natural looking hair color. And also, bleaching your hair is not a very good option. At an affordable price, this product perhaps won’t disappoint you.
- Natural looking hair color
- Hair shines under the sun.
- No ammonia
- Suitable for both men and women
- Pleasant fragrance
- Silky, smooth hair
- Available at an inexpensive price
- Color is only visible when hair is exposed to the sun or powerful light source. Otherwise, the color is not really visible.
- Not really suitable for highlighting your hair with this color unless you bleach your hair and then color your hair.
Would I repurchase this product?
Yes because I like my hair color. I don’t really have any complaint regarding this product. My hair has turned up perfectly fine after the application. Those who want to have natural shades on their hair, I would recommend you this product. But those who want to highlight your hair, I would say this product is not suitable for that.