Who is it for? The Elle 18 Code Red Color Pops Matte Lipstick is a brick red soft matte lipstick for anyone who is looking for an affordable lipstick.
Price and Quantity -
Rs. 100 for 4.3 grams of product
How to use?
Apply the lipstick all over your lips evenly.
My experience with Elle 18 Code Red Color Pops Matte Lipstick
The packaging of this lipstick is the typical Elle 18 packaging. The outer body is black in color with a standard opening. The packaging might seem a little flimsy but what more can you expect from a product of Rs. 100. It is not bad and I have never experienced any problem with Elle 18 products before.
Colour and Pigmentation –
When you hear the name ‘Code Red’, the first thing that comes to your mind is hot, bright red, the one which is used to signify danger. The name of the shade is a little misleading. The actual color of the lipstick is more like something between brick red and maroon. The pigmentation is amazing. It glides easily on the lips and one swipe gives a deep, solid color.
Texture and Finish –
The texture of the lipstick is extremely soft and smooth. On the lips, the finish of the lipstick is soft matte. It isn’t drying, and keep your lips feeling soft and smooth all throughout the day. It isn’t smudged proof, but then which lipstick is except the liquid ones.
Staying Power –
Bullet matte lipsticks do not have the staying power of liquid matte lipstick, but these perform really well. It will stay put on your lips for 4-5 hours easily, which I think is a pretty good thing.
I love Elle 18 products. The price and the quantity are both amazing. The only thing that didn’t work for me was the shade. I absolutely love this color, don’t get me wrong, I love deep shades a lot but I already own 2-3 lipsticks in the same shade. I was hoping for a bright red shade. This was the only thing that disappointed me.
What do I like about this product?
- It is extremely affordable
- The packaging is decent
- Colour is amazing (not what I would have liked it to be, but it is pretty)
- Pigmentation is the bomb!!
- Love the texture and the finish is soft matte (I love soft matte more than super matte finish, so yes!)
What don’t I like about the product?
- Not smudge proof
- I didn’t get the shade I was hoping for
Would I repurchase and recommend?
Yes, yes, YES!!
Author Rating – 4/5
More Elle 18 Lipsticks?
- Elle 18 Lipstick Primrose Blush
- Elle 18 Lipstick Shades : Pink Mocktail |Swatches|Review
- Elle 18 Color Pop Matte Lets Tango Lip Color Review
- Elle 18 Color Pop Matte Lip Color Pink Show Review
- Elle18 Color Pop Matte Lipstick Selfie Red (R34) Review
- Elle18 color pop matte Lipstick Deep Pink & Rose Day Review
- Elle 18 Color Pops Matte Lipstick Rust Rage Review
- Elle 18 Color Boost Lipstick Miss Pink Review
- Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick Berry Ice Review
- Elle 18 Color Pops Matte Lipstick Berry Crush is Vampy Pretty !