Last October I got Keratin treatment from Geetanjali salon in Delhi and my hair has thankful to me for the same.
A brief description of my hair:
For the whole of my life, I have had frizzy and unmanageable hair. When I was around 21 or 22 years old I thought of getting my hair rebonded or going for hair smoothening.
But looking at the people near me I decided against it. My aunt got her hair rebonded and she just said don’t you even think of getting your hair rebonded. I have seen my friends who have gotten their hair rebonded, initially it looks good but when the hair starts to grow it just looks awful and the poker straight hair is out of fashion.
Finally, in October I had enough with my hair and consulted 2-3 hairdressers in different cities(Ludhiana and New Delhi) what can be done for my hair. All of them said go for kerasilk or Keratin treatment.
In kerasilk treatment less of chemicals are used, it’s basically giving a protein dose to your hair.
Before I got the treatment done I used to experience a lot of hair fall, but after this, my hair has become so much better and manageable. And you have to use shampoos without parabens and sulfates, it just continues to give you a better looking and much more hydrated hair.
- My hair has become much more manageable.
- Using sulfate free shampoo and conditioner have further improved the condition of my hair.
- You can get your hair colored, preferably before the treatment.
- The hair looks as if it’s naturally straight.
- Your hair doesn’t look as if artificially treated at times it’s the case with rebonding or smoothening.
- Takes a lot of time.
- You have to go for head wash after 3 days.
- No tying the hair before you get hair wash.
- Some people may find it costly.
These are the only cons which I came across from personal experience. But apart from it I am actually very much happy with the end result and will go for it again.