Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds / Methi (in Hindi): Have you ever wondered about those small golden brown seeds that you find sometimes in your food, can be so magical? As a child, I used to dislike fenugreek seeds because it has a bitter taste. But now, I understand how beneficial these seeds are. So, today I am going to tell you all about the benefits of Fenugreek seeds. From hair to skin to health, get ready for the glow up!
Hair Benefits from Fenugreek Seeds-
- Get rid of Dandruff and Hair fall– Having Dandruff and thus having hair fall is among the most common problem women as well as men faces these days, in order to get rid of it, soak around 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight. Mix it with yogurt and blend these two ingredients in the mixer grinder. Make a smooth paste and apply it on your hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
It contains nicotinic acid and protein which strengthen hairs and remove fungal infections.
- Add shine and prevent premature greying of hair– Apart from the yogurt mask, you can also try boiling up the soaked fenugreek seeds until it turns slimy. Then grind them until the paste becomes thick. Apply the paste on roots and tips of your hair for 30 minutes and then rinse it off. Fenugreek seeds contain lecithin which helps the hair in shining.
Skin benefits from Fenugreek seeds-
- Anti-aging effect- the same mask which can be applied to hair can be applied to the skin. You need to make the yogurt and fenugreek seeds paste and apply it on your face for 30 minutes. The seeds contain anti-oxidants and yogurt will help in exfoliating your skin, leaving your skin smooth and soft.
- Moisturises skin and cures acne- for curing acne and moisturizing skin you need to soak fenugreek seeds overnight and boil it for 15 minutes and use the strained water by dabbing it with cotton on the acne areas as well as on the skin. It contains a compound named as diosgenin that has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Health Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds-
In order to gain the health benefits from fenugreek seeds, all you need to do is consume around 2 tablespoons of soaked fenugreek seeds with water. The alternate option can be consuming it in the form of curry. Just add the basic spices (turmeric, coriander powder and little chili powder with onion and salt) with the soaked seeds and boil it for a time. It will enhance the taste and would be easy to consume. The health benefits of fenugreek seeds are as:-
- It reduces cholesterol
- It prevents heart attacks, arthritis, cancer, menstrual cramps
- It also helps in weight loss and improves the breast milk production
- It protects the liver and improves kidney function