Chicken and Yogurt Sandwich Recipe: I hope you all are doing great and the week has started on a good not! And I definitely hope you all have already tried out the amazing Green Sandwich recipe that I had shared last week! If not, then jump into making it right away!This week I’ll be sharing my super delicious and healthy chicken sandwich with you. It’s very quick and easy to make and it makes a great lunchbox for your husband/kid or yourself too on a working day!
If you are a sandwich lover, you must surely know the importance of using mayonnaise as it is used quite a lot in making different types of sandwiches. Apart from a crunchy element, making a sandwich also needs a good and light creamy texture to balance the taste and not making it too dry.
Since we are talking healthy these days, I’ll let you know the best substitute of mayonnaise. And that’s none other than our humble yogurt. Hung curd or Greek Yogurt, any one of it is a super healthy ingredient to give that creaminess to your sandwich. And as we will be using boiled chicken for this sandwich, you would not have to worry about the health factor!
Let’s get this cooking now.
- Bread: 8 pcs (Preferably brown, can use white too)
- Boneless Chicken Breast: 200 gms, chopped into 1 inch or smaller bite size pieces.
- Onion: 1 medium, thinly sliced
- Thick Yogurt: 1/2 cup (100 gms) (Plz. ensure the yogurt is fresh and not too sour).
- Thyme and Oregano: 1/2 tsp each (or any other dry herb)
- Salt to taste
- Chilly flakes: 1/2 tsp
- Green chilly: 1, chopped (optional)
- Water to boil the Chicken
- Olive Oil (as required)
Method of making Boiled Chicken Yogurt Sandwich:
- Boil water in a pot, add 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the chopped boneless pieces and let it boil for about 7-10 mins. The pieces should not take much time to cook, as they are small. Once done, drain the water and take the chicken pcs out and break them into smaller pcs if you want, according to your liking for the sandwich.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken pieces, the yogurt, the thinly sliced onions, herbs, chilly flakes, chopped green chilies (optional) and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients well. If you feel that the mixture is too dry, add some more yogurt.
- Take one slice of the bread; spread the chicken yogurt mixture evenly.
- Cover it with another slice. Brush olive oil on both the sides and make the sandwich in a pan/toaster/grille or a sandwich maker.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally or in half and enjoy them with each bite! You can have them as breakfast or evening snacks!
Let me know,what all other snack recipes you want to learn next!!