Dalchini Benefits / Cinnamon Benefits: Dalchini or cinnamon is an aromatic spice which is made by removing the inner bark from the stems of the cinnamomum tree, which curls up into cinnamon sticks. This evergreen tree is native of India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Burma. Apart from its distinctive sweet and warming taste, it has medicinal properties too. Dalchini has numerous health and beauty benefits, which are discussed in this article.
- Source of Antioxidants: Packed with antioxidants like polyphenols, phenolic acid, and flavonoids, dalchini is known to slow down the aging process and reduce free radical damage.
- Maintains Heart Health: The unique compounds in dalchini helps reduce bad cholesterol and maintains good cholesterol. It reduces high blood pressure which further reduces the chances of a stroke.
- Control on Diabetes: Dalchini is known to lower the blood sugar levels and is thus control diabetes.
- Blood Coagulant: Dalchini can prevent bleeding by forming blood clots and can also improve the ability of body tissues to repair after damage.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: The flavonoid compounds in dalchini can fight the dangerous inflammation levels in the body. It can reduce the swelling and inflammation, thus relieving the pain.
- Relieves Muscular and PMS Pain: The compounds in dachini can relieve soreness of muscles, pain during PMS, and pains due to age.
- Lowers Cancer Risk: The compound called cinnamaldehyde in dalchini has the possible ability to restrain cancer tumor growth and defend DNA from damage.
- Brain Function: Dalchini can activate neuro-protective proteins that guard brain cells against mutation and undergoing damage. The antioxidants can defend the brain from neurological disorders, like the Parkinson’sand Alzheimer’s
- Defends against Infections and Viruses: Dalchini boosts the immunity because it is a natural anti-microbial, anti-biotic, anti-fungal and anti-viral agent.
- Dental Health: Dalchini removes oral bacteria or microflora that causes bad breath, cavities or tooth decay. It can heal mouth sores, infections or tooth aches.
- Skin Health: Dalchini can help with skin irritation, rashes, infections, allergies, acne, swelling, redness and inflammation. Applying honey and dalchini can boost skin health.
So go ahead and include this wondrous spice dalchini in your health and beauty regimen.
More on Cinnamon?