Cleopatra, the epitome of beauty, was known to use almonds in her skincare routine. Since these nuts are rich in Vitamin E, they help nourish our skin and protect it from sun damage. Coconut oil is also not far behind as far as benefits to the skin are concerned. Not only is it an age-old remedy for dry skin, it also has anti-bacterial and antifungal properties as well. So, when you find both these fabulous ingredients in one product, wouldn’t you grab it in a jiffy? Well, that’s exactly what I did on my visit to the Fabindia store last week.Let’s see how this Fabindia Almond Coconut Body Butter that I picked up, worked for me :)
Details about Fabindia Almond Coconut Body Butter
Made with the hydrating blend of coconut and almond oils and shea butter, this body butter claims to make skin healthy, glowing and supple.
Price: Rs 390 for 100 gms
Shelf life: 36 months from the date of manufacture
Sensitive skin alert
Ingredients: Purified water, iso propyl palmitate, petroleum jelly, glycerine, glyceryl mono stearate, coconut oil, cetyl alcohol, shea butter, emulsifying wax, dimethicone sweet almond oil, vitamin e acetate, fragrance, imidazolidinyl urea, triethanolamine, carbomer, methyl paraben, allantoin, di sodium EDTA, propyl paraben
My experience with Fabindia Almond Coconut Body Butter
Packaging: This body butter comes in a plastic tub packaging. The tub itself is white with a gold colored lid. The packaging has all the essential details of the product. There is an inner lid and an outer lid which screws on tightly.
Directions for use:
Apply liberally and massage gently onto the skin as often as required.
This body butter is white in color and has a creamy texture. It spreads really well, leaving the skin soft and supple. The best part about this product is its wonderful fragrance of almonds and coconut
It’s ideal for these dry winter months when the skin gets really dry and itchy. Use it liberally on your elbows and knees and a little more prudently on your arms and legs. It gets absorbed into the skin very well but you do have to massage it in. Since the consistency this quite thick, I would not recommend it for women with oily skin.
I have been using it twice a day – once after my bath and once before going to bed. It has been working wonderfully. It’s a great product for winters, but I recommend you put it away during the summer months.
Overall Performance of Fabindia Almond Coconut Body Butter
- Contains almond and coconut oil and shea butter
- Keeps skin soft
- Great fragrance
- Ideal for winter months
- Easy to use packaging
- Not for women with oily skin
- Can be used only during winter months
- Does not get absorbed into the skin immediately
- It’s expensive for a 100 gm pack
- Not totally organic
Would I repurchase or recommend?
Though it has worked well for me, I would like to try some other brands before I repurchase this one. Highly recommended for those with dry skin. Works wonders if you have dry flaky skin on your knees and elbows.
More Fabindia Products ?
- Fabindia Avocado Foot Cream Review
- Fabindia Silk Protein Face Cream Review
- FabIndia Papaya Face Scrub Review
- FabIndia Haldi Chandan Face Pack Review
- FabIndia Orange Neroli Sand Scrub Review
- FabIndia Neem Tulsi Skin Toner Review
- Fabindia Soothing Aloe Vera Gel Review
- Fabindia Silk Protein Moisturizing Lotion Review
- FabIndia Lip Butter Plum Passion Review
- Fabindia Almond Kajal Review
- Fabindia Neem Tulsi Mud Pack Review
- Fabindia Virgin Coconut Oil Review
- Fabindia Facial Water Rose Review
- Fabindia Charcoal Face Pack Review