Sugar Poplin Plum Suede Secret Matte Lipstick : Sugar Cosmetics has been around for quite a while now. I’ve seen the products at many beauty stores when I’ve gone on my browsing sprees. And I would also stop to look at the lovely shades of liquid lipsticks that the brand has to offer. However, because they are liquid lipsticks, I didn’t even bother swatching them. I’ve usually found that liquid lipsticks end up looking very patchy and tend to dry out the lipsticks, which I hate. And so I thought, Sugar products would do the exact thing. Recently though, I did try the Sugar Lipstick: Suede Secret Matte Poplin Plum, and I’m so glad I did.
Price & Quantity
NR 799 for 6ml
How to apply
Gently remove the excess from the applicator first. Use its curved tip to apply the liquid lipstick like a liner. Then swipe the lipstick on to fill in your lips.
My Experience with the Sugar Poplin Plum Suede Secret Matte Lipstick
The lip colour tube comes in a cardboard like a box with a face printed on it and all the necessary details mentioned. The lip color comes in a frosty transparent like tube which allows you to see the color from outside. It’s nice and compact and also very sturdy. The applicator is very convenient too, it has a doe foot which makes it easy to line and apply the lip color. So overall, the brand has done a good job with packaging. The mouth of the tube is narrow and only allows for the applicator to fit in, which means that just the right amount of product comes out and so there’s no wastage. The consistency of the product is just right, not too runny, not too thick, which allows it to spread evenly on the lips. When applied, the lip color looks glossy but after about a minute or two, it settles into a matte. Now before you start wondering if it made my lips all dry and all, let me tell you… it DOES NOT. In fact, it’s so lightweight that it feels like I’ve only applied a tad bit of lipstick. Amazing right!! And this one doesn’t even look patchy at all, I love it. After applying the Poplin Plum, I bit into an entire apple but it didn’t budge. Yes, if you eat oily food or you rub your fingers onto your lips, you will see a very light transfer, but that’s about it. It stayed on my lips for a quite a while…actually, it was till I took it off. So additional points for its staying power.
In terms of pricing, some people do feel that it’s a little pricey. But, I do not agree with them. For a product that performs so well, I think it’s well priced. No complaints about that.
- Good packaging
- No product wastage
- Perfect consistency
- Doesn’t get patchy
- Doesn’t dry the lips
- Long lasting
- Well priced
- No complaints about the product, as yet.
Would I repurchase & recommend?
YES. AND YES.
More Sugar Products ?
- Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Viola Review
- Sugar Princess Peach Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Bare Flair Liquid Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick BRINK OF PINK Review
- Sugar Twist And Shout Fadeproof Kajal 01 Black Velvet Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Lip Crayon Mary Poppins Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Tan Fan 03 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick 09 Suave Mauve Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rethink Pink Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Wine and Shine 08 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rust Lust 05 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Drop Dead Red 10 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Plum Yum 04 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Brazen Raisin 01 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Crayon Lipstick – 01 Scarlett O’Hara (Red) Review