Alba Botanica AcneDote Deep Clean Astringent: Astringents deeply clean our pores and remove the dead skin layer on top of our skin. If you use an astringent, sometimes even after face wash you may see a darker residue on the cotton, this is dead skin or dirt residue. Astringents also have the effect of instantly closing pores; this is why we are advised to use an astringent after scrubbing and blackhead removal.
So, I have made my point that every girl must have one astringent in her makeup/skincare kit ;)
So I thought since I really really want an astringent toner and since I have tried and tested other products from Alba Botanica, might as well try its astringent toner.
Read on ladies to see how this product has fared for me :)
What is it and who is it for?
A natural astringent toner,for oily skin types.
Rs 950 for 6Oz How to Use:
Apply on cleansed face and neck, with a cotton pad. Use only once a day
My Experience with Alba Botanica Acne Dote Deep Clean Astringent:
As I said, I purchased this toner when my skin as really dull and needed a pick me up. When I used it my skin immediately looked refreshed. This is quite a strong astringent and pulls out deep-seated dirt and grime from the skin. However, I started using it daily, twice a day. BIG BIG mistake! I have normal to combination skin. So this poor astringent was doing its job beautifully, but my skin was getting over dried out. So my skin thought hey…it’s really dry let’s pump some oil!! Ugh breakouts and what not resulted :(
Thankfully I came to my senses and started using it on alternate days and finally one in 3 days or whenever my skin felts oily/dull. I also use it with my Mario Badescu Silver powder and whenever I see blackheads waiting to emerge.
And girls, I could not have been happier!! This is an awesome toner. But it should be used as and when needed and definitely not regularly! If you use the right thing the right way, you are bound to get good results.
So my search for an astringent toner is over.Unlike Biotique cucumber water, it does not smell disgusting nor does it have any devilish chemicals. I am quite happy :)
• Deeply cleans skin
• Free from any harsh chemicals
• The bottle is pricey but would literally last for ages
• Shrinks up pores temporarily
• Strong and heavy duty astringent so each individual must see how to inculcate this product in her skin care routine
• Dry skinned beauties should not use it more than once a week tops
Would I repurchase and recommend?
I really like this astringent toner and it works for me. I would repurchase one this bottle gets over…In about 1.5 years: P
- Alba Botanica Hawaiian Papaya Enzyme Mask Review
- Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient Sunscreen Natural Protection Lip Care SPF 25 Review
- Himalaya Refreshing and Clarifying Toner Review
- Organic Harvest Neem Tulsi Toner Review
- The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner Review
- Ayur Herbals Astringent with Aloe Vera Review