Castor Oil For Stretch Marks: Castor oil is a very popular oil for skin and beauty hacks and treatments. Rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, this magical oil is beneficial for hair, skin, and body. It has been used as a moisturizer too.
Stretch marks are a very common cause of concern among growing teens, pregnant women or people who undergo frequent fluctuations in weight. Although stretch marks never actually vanish, it can be lightened with certain practices after prolonged use. It will gradually start disappearing and take a lot of time. Just be patient with these tips as removing stretch marks is not an overnight job.
What are stretch marks?
It is absolutely no secret, but for the record, stretch marks are thin bands or stripes on the skin that starts appearing due to expansion or contraction of skin on a frequent basis.
How to get rid of stretch marks?
Stretch marks cannot be completely eliminated, it starts disappearing with time and age. But several natural home remedies and cosmetic products can be used to lighten the appearance of stretch marks.
How to use castor oil to remove stretch marks?
Castor oil is a go-to oil for removing stretch marks as it is rich in fatty acids. Castor oil can be used in a variety of ways to lighten the already appeared or appearing stretch marks. Here are a few of them worth trying:
- Apply a few drops of castor oil on the stretch marks and massage the area gently in circular motion for about 5 to 10 minutes. After massaging, wrap the affected area with a thin cotton cloth. Using a hot water bottle or a heating pad, apply heat to the area for at least 30 minutes. The heat will open up the pores and the oil will be absorbed better by the skin. Repeat the process every day at least once for a month to see changes.
- Castor oil can be used with almond oil. Coconut oil is a very good moisturizer, so in case you want to use castor oil with coconut, then also it is totally fine. Repeat point 1 as mentioned above.
- Castor oil with potato juice is another home remedy one can try. Mix a little bit of potato juice with castor oil and refrigerate it for an hour. Once it is cooled, apply it on the affected area, massaging it thoroughly for 5 minutes. Let it sit for about 30 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Repeat daily or at least 3 to 4 times a week. This practice helps in improving the skin elasticity.
- Castor oil with cloves powder. Mix clove powder with castor oil properly. Heat the mixture for a couple of minutes until it starts changing its color. After the oil cools down, massage the oil well on the affected areas for 10 to 15 minutes. Wrap a cloth around it and let it rest for 30 more minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Repeat daily. Clove oil helps in reducing the appearance of stretch marks, hence this hack works well.
- For the next hack, you will need a tablespoon of fresh and smooth aloe vera gel. Add a tablespoon of castor oil to it. Heat the mixture for a couple of seconds so that it is warm. Apply the warm mixture on the stretch marks and leave it overnight. Do this every night before your bedtime.
- You will need to mix 1 teaspoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon turmeric into castor oil and mix well. Massage this mixture on the affected areas and leave it for an hour. Wash off with lukewarm water. Do it daily to notice a change.
These were a few ways to use castor oil to get rid or remove the castor oil. Try them and tell us which one worked for you. Also, Stretch mark represents the journey of your body, all the ups, and downs it has been through. So don’t shy away from embracing them.
More on Stretch Marks?