Green Tea Recipe: Green tea is a traditional Chinese medicine which has many health benefits and is also considered as the best beverage after water. Green tea has been found to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease, improve bone mineral density, maintain proper cholesterol levels, protect the eye from age-related degeneration, ward off Alzheimer’s, and even prolong life expectancy. It is also recommended for weight loss and strong immunity.
Green tea does not have a taste which you will like instantly but its taste needs to be acquired by the passage of time and regular consumption. But, the most common problem is, most of us do not know the correct way to prepare green tea. Many people just boil green tea leaves with water for a good time and then consume it, which is an incorrect way of consuming the tea. And, if the preparation of green is not done properly, it will not provide any health benefit and will end up tasting bitter and grassy. So, it is very important for everyone to understand and master the method of preparing green tea.
Method for preparing green tea:
- To begin with, you need to take 100 or 150 ml of water, pour it into a saucepan and start heating the water.
- Once the water starts boiling, turn off the heat.
- Quickly add a small teaspoon of green tea leaves into the water.
- You can add grated ginger or lemon for enhancement of taste (optional)
- Keep it covered for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the tea into teacups
- Add honey for sweetness and stir it well. Honey is optional as well.
- Enjoy your green tea.
You can consume green tea once or twice a day. Stay healthy and drink more green tea.