Lip Products for Beautiful Lips, that’s one list you should never miss..!Lips are an important part of every person’s like. It is extremely important to take care of your lips. The way you take care of your skin, your lips also need the same love, care, and pampering. Lips are about 10 times thinner than skin and hence, it needs specific products.
- Lip balm with SPF (Sun Protecting Factor)
As already mentioned, the lips are 10 times thinner than normal skin and hence need the special product. A good lip balm with SPF and without/with tint and with/without fragrance is needed. Lips don’t tan, but they burn and become dark when exposed to the sun. A lip balm with an SPF 15 or higher protects the lips from the sun. I personally prefer un-tinted ones.The Body shop Vitamin E Lip Balm is a good choice !
- Lip Scrub
Sometimes, lips get dry, chapped and flaky. Just applying a lip balm won’t help. This is where the role of a good lip scrub comes in. Lip scrub helps buff off the dead skin on the lips without making them dry or stretchy. There are many scrubs especially made for the lips, which are easily available in the market.
If you are unsure of which lip scrub to choose, here I will provide a few DIY’S.
- Mix brown sugar and honey well and use them on your lips extremely GENTLY.
- Apply a thick lip balm/ coconut oil on your lips and use a toothbrush to gently buff off the dead skin on the lips
- Apply a thick layer of any lip balm and take a piece of cotton cloth and gently rub it on your lips to get rid of the dead skin
- Soak rice in water for 5 to 6 hour, grind it and mix honey if needed and gently use it as a lip mask or lip scrub.
- Mix pomegranate seeds and milk and make a paste and apply on your lips as a mask or as a scrub and leave for 10 minutes and wipe it off
- Mix rose petals, beetroot juice and apply it on the lips and scrub off using a toothbrush or with a cloth.
Whatever you use, be sure to be gentle and while using a tooth brush or cloth to buff off dead skin, apply a really thick layer of some lip product (be it a lip balm, coconut oil or anything and then scrub it.
- Lip Mask – A Thick Lip Balm
Lip balms are for the day, but is it possible to apply a thick layer of a lip balm and go out? Hell no. it will attract all the dirt in your area and make your lips even worse. Here come thick lip balms and lip masks to your rescue and they need to be used during the NIGHT TIME. It is usually recommended and suggested to apply thick creams and lip balms and sleep since night is the time when the amount of pollution is minimal or null and the skin gets a good number of hours to absorb all the goodies that you have applied on the skin and react to it. This is the time when skin easily takes in all the moisture, hydration and give glowing, healthy skin in the morning. If you don’t like lip balms, you can apply milk cream, butter, ghee, coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil or tamanu oil on your lips and sleep. Application of lip masks should be done consistently so that the results are long-standing, no result comes overnight, does it? Try the Nivea Essential Lip Care 3 Benefits in 1 for this!
- Nude Lipstick
Who doesn’t love lipsticks? It is recommended to have a good neutral colored lipstick that suits your skin tone for all formal occasions or occasions you are unsure of which lipstick to wear. MAC Twig is one of THE BEST Nude Lipsticks!
- Red Lipstick
As always, red lipsticks are timeless. They can be used every day, or on special occasions, if you haven’t applied makeup, it is ok. Just dab a little bit of red lipstick and you are good to go.Our vote goes to MAC Russian Red!
- Mauve Lipstick / Pink Lipstick
This lipstick is when you are bored of the usual neutral or red lipstick and for a change, this pink or mauve lipstick can be used. These lipstick shades look great on everyone. MAC Plumful is a beautiful color!