I have bought two of the nail polishes by Nykaa this time after Maybelline. I had been eyeing on Nykaa’s nail polishes but couldn’t decide the shades and type of nail paint. So, I ended up buying Nykaa Pastel Nail Enamel Blackcurrant Gelato and Nykaa Nude Matte Nail Enamel Milk Chocolate. Both of them are of different nature and I have different experiences with them. But yes, the shades are lovely.
Basic Info of Nykaa Nail Enamels Blackcurrant Gelato and Milk Chocolate
- Blackcurrant Gelato(72): Rs 179
- Milk Chocolate(157): Rs 199
What Nykaa Claims?
- Blackcurrant Gelato: A scoop of divinity, please? Slurp your way this summer as our Blackcurrant gelato makes love to your pinkies. The Nykaa Pastel Nail Enamel collection is a superior nail lacquer with light reflecting pigments that deliver intense, long lasting color.
- Milk Chocolate: Presenting tempting nude shades that dry to a stunning matte finish, with its rich pigments and long-lasting color. You gotta love our Milk Chocolate for its delectable chocolate undertone! This light brown shade will satiate all your sugar cravings and will leave him craving more!
My Experience with Nykaa Nail Enamels Blackcurrant Gelato and Milk Chocolate
- Shades and Texture:
- Blackcurrant Gelato: The shade is light purple with pink undertones. I bought this shade because of its name as Blackcurrant is my favorite ice cream. And this shade has a superb color payoff. But, it takes 10-15 seconds to dry because it is glossy. Two coats are enough to get bright glossy shiny nails.
- Milk Chocolate: The shade is pure nude and basic Indian skin tone; which is why it suits all skin tones. The texture is not pure matte post application and dries within 5 seconds. Unlike glossy polish; when you are applying it, you cannot reapply on the same surface because it had already been dried up and becomes messy. This is its pros as well as a con. Anyway, the shade payoff is superb and it does not chip.
- Staying Power:
- Blackcurrant Gelato: The color is adorable but the stay is poor. It lasts for complete two or three days, after which, it starts disappearing from the top of the nail. Two coats will allow a four-day stay.
- Milk Chocolate: The color is really super cute but again, stay is really poor. Because of the color, you need to apply just one coat; otherwise, the color will come out to be really bad. Also, the overall effect stays for one day, whether or not you apply one or two coats.
Overall Performance of Blackcurrant Gelato and Milk Chocolate
Keeping aside the adorable shades, I believe both of these nail enamels lack in staying power, especially Milk Chocolate.
- Blackcurrant Gelato
- Adorable purple shade
- Good staying power
- Glossy and highly pigmented
- Wide variety of shades
- Easy application
- Takes time to dry
- Milk Chocolate
- Dries quickly
- Beautiful shade
- Matte+nude finish
- Wide variety of shades
- Can’t apply two coats
- Poor staying power
Would I repurchase or recommend any/both of them?
Overall, the shades are lovely but Milk Chocolate has poor stay which is why I will not buy anything from that range again and would not recommend you to purchase it.
Blackcurrant Gelato is adorable shade and has decent stay which is why I will purchase more from this range and will surely recommend it to you.