Amazing Homemade Shampoo Recipes that you MUST Try! : Commercially brought Shampoos are often packed with chemicals that make your hair smooth and give it luster for some time but ultimately they end up damaging your hair. Apart from these even most of the organic shampoos available are not pH balanced and applying them changes the pH of your scalp which affects your hair growth and vitality. Each one of your body parts has different pH and your scalp is no different. At the right pH, your follicles become stronger and healthier. To overcome all these problems the easiest (as well as the cheapest ) solution is to make your own shampoo.
However, before you commit you must keep a few things in mind.
Your hair needs time to suit to homemade shampoo. Your scalp is packed with oil glands which are naturally equipped to produce oil, which is a good thing as it makes your hair healthier. The conventional store brought Shampoos to remove this oil with its lather. The oil glands respond to the shortage of oil by producing more oil. When you use a homemade shampoo, it doesn’t remove all the oil, giving your hair room to be nurtured naturally. So for the first few days of using these shampoos, you may feel that your hair is flatter than usual and you may have to shampoo more frequently, but with time you will see your hair adapting to it. So give it some time to adjust.
Your homemade shampoo may not lather as much as your store brought Shampoo. But that is because your homemade shampoo will contain no lathering agents.
The store brought Shampoo may smell stronger but that is only if you choose not to add fragrances to the shampoo you make. I personally would avoid adding any artificial chemicals.
So without further ado here are a few nourishing shampoos that you can make at home ;
1) HOMEMADE COCONUT MILK SHAMPOO:
This Shampoo Helps In:
This shampoo is pH balanced. It helps your hair feel smoother and thicker. It helps prevent split ends. It prevents your scalp from feeling itchy, dry and also prevents dandruff. It reduces tangles and repairs damage.
Beneficial elements in this shampoo:
- Coconut milk: Coconut milk is the main ingredient for this shampoo, it contains a ton of beneficial elements. Vitamin B1, B6, B3, B5, C, E , Iron, Calcium, etc are just a few of the elements found in coconut milk.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is also very beneficial for your hair. Aloe Vera helps in tightening the cuticle of your scalp making the hair look healthier and also making it stronger. It also helps in moisturizing your hair.
How to make it?
1) 1 can of coconut milk
2) 1+3/4 cups of pure Aloe Vera Gel
3) For perfume, you may add a few drops of essential oil but it’s optional.( You could use lavender essential as it helps hair growth).
1) Combine all the ingredients in a bowl together unless they combine perfectly and homogeneously.
2) Clean out an old Shampoo bottle perfectly and store this shampoo in it.
Like your normal shampoo
It is better to store it in your fridge to prevent spoiling of the coconut milk. Take it out before use giving it enough time to become warm.
2) ALOE-VERA HONEY SHAMPOO:
This shampoo helps in :
This shampoo is great for moisturizing your hair. It promotes hair growth. The honey in this shampoo is antibacterial and it helps to hydrate your hair and scalp. It helps with a dry, itchy and flaky scalp. This shampoo helps combat hair fall.
Beneficial elements in this shampoo:
- Honey: Honey is famous for its antibacterial properties. Its benefits are so important that even Cleopatra the Queen of Egypt wrote about its benefits for hair and skin care. It contains vitamins and minerals. Helps in hydrating your hair.
- Aloe Vera: The benefits of aloe vera is mentioned earlier.
1) 1/4 cup of pure Aloe-vera gel.
2)2 Tbs honey.
3) Essential oils according to your preference (optional)
1)Combine all the ingredients in a bowl unless they form a smooth, homogeneous mixture.
2) Store in a clean container.
Like a normal shampoo.
Don’t make large batches that are stored for a long time since it may get molds.
3) HOMEMADE AMLA-ARITHA- SHIKAKIlAI SHAMPOO:
The shampoo helps in:
This shampoo helps with hair fall. The Amla in this shampoo helps in hair growth and has conditioning properties. The shampoo also prevents greying of hair. It can also be used for the treatment of lice.
Beneficial elements in the shampoo:
- Amla: Indian gooseberry is often called the wonder fruit. It helps in preventing hair fall. It is also slightly acidic which helps to maintain pH balance. Amla is responsible for keeping intact the hair’s natural color intact
- Aritha: Aritha helps cleaning the hair. It contains a large number of saponins which help in lathering.
- Shikakai: It acts as a mild detergent cleaning the hair and also has antifungal properties.
- 1/3 cup of Aritha powder(soap nut)
- 1/3 cup of Amla powder(Indian gooseberry)
- 1/4 cup of shikakai powder.
- 4-5 cups of chamomile tea.
- 3 cups filtered boiled water.
- 1/2 tsp Xanthum gum.
- 1/2 tsp natural oil(optional)
- 1 tbsp honey.
- 1tbsp Castile soap(optional).
- 1/4 tsp vitamin E
- Steep the tea for 10-15 mins.
- In a small bowl mix the powders.
- Add the tea water.
- Mix the water and the mixtures very finely to prevent lumps.
- Simmer on low heat for 25-30 mins.
- Allow it to cool.
- Add honey, vitamin E, Castile soap and natural oils.
- Add to a bottle( keep in mind not to fill the entire bottle).