Hope you are doing well. As we all know sun is the source of energy for life and provides essential vitamin D which is indispensable for bone growth and calcium absorption. The sun rays stimulate production of some hormone precursors which are responsible for feelings like happiness and euphoria. Avoiding sun permanently is not only difficult but can also have ill effects on our body. But in spite of this there are many I’ll effects caused by sun to human body by its UVA, UVB, UVC and infrared rays which can result in premature aging, pigmentation, hyper-pigmentation and also skin cancer. We can’t completely avoid sun but can protect our skin from its ill effects up to some extent by using sun block lotions. And today I’ll be reviewing a sun block lotion from VLCC so continue reading to know more.
Basic Information about VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion – SPFs 50 Pa +++ With Raspberry Seed Oil
WHAT DOES THE BRAND CLAIMS ABOUT VLCC HYDROPHOBIC SUN BLOCK LOTION – SPF 50 PA +++
A powerful hydrophobic formula for long term sun protection and complete skin care for a healthy fairness.
Over exposure to harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun is responsible for skin darkening and aging.
VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion is a unique water resistant formula with SPF 50 and PA+++. It provides broad spectrum Sun Block protection against both UVA and UVB rays of the sun. ‘Four Boot Star’ accredited SPF 50, makes it enriched with raspberry seed oil; it protects skin against tanning, irritation and redness, leaving it glowing.
HOW TO USE
Apply liberally on the face and neck, 15-20 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply every 4 hours. Ideal to use before going for a swim, sun bathing avoid contact with eyes.
36 months from the date of manufacture.
Raspberry seed oil – Raspberry Seed Oil, protects skin against tanning, leaving it glowing.
SENSITIVE SKIN ALERT
Suitable for all skin types.
My Experience with VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion – SPFs 50 Pa +++ With Raspberry Seed Oil
- Packaging – The Sun Block Lotion comes in a yellow colored plastic tube which has an orange colored plastic flip top cap. The cap is quite tight and therefore the packaging is travel friendly.
- Texture and Consistency -. The sun block lotion is white in color. The texture of the cream is smooth and chalky and has thick consistency. During blending process is spreads easily on the skin needs to be to be massaged well so that it gets absorbed into the skin.
- Fragrance – The sun block lotion has a sweet fresh raspberry fragrance which is not very overpowering or irritating at all.
- Experience – The cream has a dense soft cream like texture due to which it takes a lot of efforts to get absorbed. Due to its thickness it sometimes leave white cast behind if not blended well. On absorption the skin feels instantly soft with a matte finish. The cream is light and doesn’t feel like something is sitting there on the skin. The skin does feel moisturized and soft for at least 4-5 hours after its use. The sun protection of this cream is decent enough. I apply this lotion only to my hands and feet as its makes the face look super oily. One good thing about this lotion is that it doesn’t get washed out easily as suggested by its name and therefore provides longer protection. I purchased this cream as a hand and feet sunscreen, so that I can protect them from getting tanned and the skin from getting sunburns. It does a decent job of it and prevent my skin from getting tanned up to some extent, but is not spectacular or mind-blowing.
Overall Performance of VLCC Hydrophobic Sun Block Lotion – SPFs 50 Pa +++ With Raspberry Seed Oil
- Travel friendly
- Decent sun protection
- Prevent tanning
- Good moisturizing ability
- Gives matte finish
- Waterproof formulation
- Moisturizing ability should have been a little longer and so is the sun protection
- Leaves white cast if not blended well
- Makes face oily
- Difficult to blend
Would I Recommend
Yes obviously! According to me it is an affordable and decent sunscreen for hands and feet. But as it makes face look greasy so it is not suitable for use on face.