Who is it for? Wet n Wild Perfect Pout Gel Lip Balm is for daily wear lip balms with just a hint of color. It is for those who do not prefer balms that are like petroleum jelly or Shea butter.
MRP INR 299/- for 5g (available at discounted rates)
My experience with Wet n Wild Perfect Pout Gel Lip Balm – Play:
This lip balm comes in a lipstick-like black plastic body with a see-through cap. The name of the brand is mentioned over the body in a bright pink color. The packaging is not very pretty/ classy to look at honestly.
I bought the shade Play because of its color but it really doesn’t have any pigmentation as such. The balm itself looks bright pink but provides a barely there, pink tint on the application. One cannot expect it to cover the pigmented lips.
The texture is unlike the balms based on shea butter or petroleum jelly. It claims to be a gel lip balm but it is pretty much like the similar looking balms in the market. It glides smoothly over the lips and provides a glossy finish. It is not light on the lips and one may feel its presence because it is a little heavy on the lips.
It has a nice fruity fragrance but it is not overpowering.
The balm definitely moisturizes the lips but that is short lived. One may feel the need to reapply it every now and then. Also, it isn’t light and doesn’t get absorbed into the lips. So you may feel uncomfortable if you don’t like heavy balms.
It has a mild tint on application but after a while, one may find the color from the balm on the area around the lips which looks bad. It is ironical that it doesn’t provide the required color on the lips but makes the area around the lips colored.
What did I like?
- Smooth application
- Glossy finish (provided you like that).
- Cruelty-free brand.
What did I not like?
- Doesn’t keep lips moisturized for long.
- Doesn’t get absorbed into the lips.
- May feel heavy on the lips.
- The color is extremely light on application.
- Bleeds and makes the area around the lips colored.
- Results not at par with the price range.
Would I recommend/ repurchase it?
Not really, there are much better options in the market with better price range and performance.
More from Wet n Wild?
- Wet N Wild Lipstick Just Garnet Review
- Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick Nouveau Pink – Review + Swatches
- Wet n Wild Lipstick Cherry Picking: Review + Swatches
- Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick What’s Up, Doc?
- Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick Blushing Bali Review
- Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick Cherry Frost Review
- Wet N Wild Satin Finish Lipstick Hot Paris Pink Review
- Wet N Wild Satin Finish Lipstick Pink Ice Review
- Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipstick Dark Wine Review
- Wet N Wild Satin Finish Lipstick Will You Be With Me Review