Hello, my beauties :)As I have always said I am a Lakme Fan Girl and I swear by the consistent performance and thoughtful pricing of their products. So this time I picked up a Lakme lipstick from the 9to 5 range. I haven’t really experimented much with this range but since it’s Lakme I had high expectations were looking for the perfect maroon lipstick you know, and I picked up this maroon matte lipstick…let’s see how my experience with this Lakme lipstick color was.
Basic Info of Lakme 9 To 5 Primer +Matte Maroon Mix Lipstick
Price: 480/- (decent for a lipstick!!)
Got it for much less from nyakaa :))
This comes with a built-in primer that smoothly glides onto lips. One needs to smoothen and prep lips prior to application…this is a true matte shade. True to its name the lipstick promises to stay put for 8 hours i.e from 9 to 5
The shade which I chose was a maroon mix…this range has largely conventional very useful shades!!
My Experience with Lakme 9 To 5 Primer +Matte Maroon Mix Lipstick
This lipstick comes with a rose gold Body with classy black lettering. The lipstick is slender and elegant… something that will make a pretty addition to your stash. The lipstick glides on effortlessly on my hand when I took a swatch. However, on my lips, it felt drying and took sizeable time to be applied properly. It’s absolutely impossible to apply the lipstick without proper moisturization beforehand.
Now for the colour…it’s more of a light red with pink undertones than maroon. I loved this color and think that it spells sexy and classy in equal measure.
The pigmentation is awesome…I got pretty intense color in the first swipe through a second application is recommended. this lipstick does transfer a little but it lasts for a long time….however, don’t expect 8 hours…5 hours is achievable if you don’t consume oily meals. The product didn’t highlight the pigmented spots on my lips…I also thought that the finish was pretty even.
Now for the cons, the 9 to 5 formula is pretty drying. If you have dry lips like yours truly then you will have issues. You need to apply moisturizer well in advance before the lipstick is applied otherwise cracked lines will show up. The lipstick line, in general, is pretty conventional…the shades are most common and lack the innovation factor.
Overall Performance of Lakme 9 To 5 Primer +Matte Maroon Mix Lipstick
The USP of the Lakme 9 to 5 primer +matte lipstick maroon mix is its combination of primer plus lipstick that’s capable of delivering a flawless finish. Other advantages of this product are its packaging, its long lasting stay properties, and its thoughtful pricing. At this price, the 9 to 5 delivers decent outcomes and there is nothing much to complain about. The shade is pretty and will suit most skin tones though it’s conventional.
Would I recommend?
I will suggest buying this lipstick heartily…it is a good investment that delivers value for money. I personally won’t buy this shade again…maybe I will opt for a different color in the same range…there is a lovely brown in there.
All in all, this is a great product….do figure out this one yourself. A ⅘ for this one :*
More Lakme Lipsticks ?
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick M461 Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Lipstick Coffee Command Review
- Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Rose Bloom Lipstick Review
- Lakme Absolute Crimson Touch Sculpt Studio Hi Definition Matte Lipstick Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick Beige Post Review
- Lakme 9 To 5 Lipstick Magenta Mind Review
- Lakme RM14 Enrich Matte Lipstick Review
- Lakme 9 To 5 Creaseless Creme Lipstick Flaming Function Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick N651 Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Creaseless Crème Lipstick Pink Affair Review
- Lakme 9 To5 Creaseless Matte Lipstick Red Chaos Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Creaseless Matte Lipstick Orange Edge Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick P152 Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick Scarlet Drill Review
- Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Wine Whisper Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Crease-Less Crème Lipstick Wine Order Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick P165 Review
- Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick BM 10 Review
- Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick PM 15 Review
- Lakme 9 To 5 Lakme Creaseless Matte Lipstick Red Letter Review
- Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi- Definition Matte Lipstick Red Flames Review
- Lakme Absolute Lip Pout Victorian Rose Review