I am not an eye makeup person. Except for the eyeliner, mascara and sometimes Kajal, I never use anything. As I’m learning more of makeup and experiment is still on process, I bought this brown eyeshadow – the Essence Eyeshadow Metropolitan to start off. I’m sure my small eyes will also pop one day when I will be a pro at makeup, hehe. Let’s move onto the review part.
Price- Rs 199 for 2.5 gm
My Experience with Essence Eyeshadow 06 Metropolitan
The mono eyeshadow brights comes in a small round transparent case which makes it easy to locate the shade.
The shade is 06 metropolitan which is a nice dark brown crease shade. It has some shimmer in it.
Texture, Finish & Pigmentation-
The texture is smooth and powdery. It is a bendable shade with little fallouts which is completely ok as it is has a powdery finish. The pigmentation is great. I use this shade on my crease, the swatches will better show the pigmentation.
It is a fragrance-free product.
Looking at the pan, the eyeshadow looks glittery. On application, it doesn’t have that much shimmer included. This shade, I use it on my crease to contour my eyes. Since I have small hooded eyes, I have very small lids to work with eyeshadows and then eyeliners. One thick layer of eyeliner covers half of my visible lid in open eyes. Thus, I thought of trying a brown shade to sought of contour my lids to make a difference. In the swatches, I have only used this eyeshadow with no primer. I loved the look it turned out, if added more colors, it will definitely look more beautiful.
- Neutral warm Brown shade
- Bareable shimmery
- Smooth texture
- Easily Blendable
- Pigmentation is amazing
- Travel-Friendly Packaging
- Little fallouts
- Not matte
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
I would recommend this shade if you are looking for a brown crease shade with little shimmer in it.I would not really repurchase it as shimmer cannot be wearable on a daily basis, will go for matte one instead.
More eyeshadow monos?
More Essence Products?
- Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil | 02 Hot Chocolate |Swatches |Review
- Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss 07 Big Night Out Review
- Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick Kiss Me If You Can Review
- Essence Silky Touch Blush 70 Kissable Review
- Essence Silky Touch Blush Adorable 10 Review
- Essence Sun Club Shimmer Bronzing Powder 20 Suntanned Review
- Essence XXXL Longlasting Lip Gloss 07 Silky Red Review
- Essence Long Lasting Lipstick Barely There 06 Review
- Essence White Kajal 04 Review
- Essence Stay All Day 16h Long Lasting Makeup Foundation Review