Smokey eyes are a big craze nowadays. I have been thinking of buying some eye makeup to try this look for a long time. I wanted an eyeshadow palette which would be self-sufficient as I am too lazy to use too many palettes at a time. So I looked up online and bought Essence Eyeshadow Irresistible Fullmoon Flash, with two shades. Here are the review and swatches.
Price and Quantity:
MRP INR 349/- for 2.8g
My experience with Essence Eyeshadow Irresistible Fullmoon Flash
This eyeshadow palette comes in a round, see-through case. It is a cute travel-friendly case.
The eyeshadow palette has two monochrome shades. One is dark grey while the other one is off-white. It has shimmer in it which makes it suitable to be used during the night time. However, I will not term it as metallic as claimed by the brand.
I used both the shades individually and felt that dark grey suited my wheatish complexion more than the off-white one. The off-white shade looked too white on me and I decided not to use it individually. But the dark grey shade looked really amazing and I liked it on me.
The texture is good and the application is also easy. I tried bending both the shades together and they looked good together. The white shade of the eyeshadow is pigmented enough to give it a somewhat 3D look, but the grey color needs to be reapplied for more pigmentation. The color stays on for long so it is long lasting.
So I would say that I had a mixed experience with this eyeshadow palette.
- No Parabens
- Suitable for night time because of its shimmer
- Easy to blend
- Does not suit all skin colors
- Not really 3D
- Not super pigmented
Would I repurchase?
No, because the particular shades it did not really suit my complexion.
2 out of 5
More Essence Products?
- Essence Eyeliner Lucky Lead Review + Swatches
- Essence Eyeshadow 06 Metropolitan Review + Swatches
- Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil | 02 Hot Chocolate |Swatches |Review
- Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss 07 Big Night Out Review
- Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick Kiss Me If You Can Review
- Essence Silky Touch Blush 70 Kissable Review
- Essence Silky Touch Blush Adorable 10 Review
- Essence Sun Club Shimmer Bronzing Powder 20 Suntanned Review
- Essence XXXL Longlasting Lip Gloss 07 Silky Red Review
- Essence Long Lasting Lipstick Barely There 06 Review
- Essence White Kajal 04 Review
- Essence Stay All Day 16h Long Lasting Makeup Foundation Review